Welcome to PADEM
PADEM is an NGO that aims to improve the quality of life of vulnerable populations, especially children in developing countries through sustainable actions based foremost on partnerships with local civil society actors. PADEM seeks to fulfill the fundamental rights of the beneficiaries under the strictest respect for their culture.
The association was founded in 2002. It is at the same time Luxembourgish and French. Its original goal was to help the poorest children in the world: that’s where Padem got its name. However, the administrators quickly realized that they could not consistently and sustainably improve the lives of children without improving that of their families. It is for this reason that today Padem tends to foster and encourage a holistic approach:
You do not fight against child labor without giving their parents a job.
Where we work
PADEMs projects around the world:
- The Luxembourg Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Directors of the Monaco Cooperation
- Foundations: Foundation of Luxembourg, Fondation Abbé Pierre Foundation, Air France, Elle Foundation, France Libertés Danielle Mitterrand
- Local authorities: Municipalities (City of Dudelange and Diddeleng hëlleft, City of Esch-sur-Alzette, Simmern Colmar Berg, Lintgen, Frisange, Wincrange, Betzdorf, Walferdange, Beckerich and the Mayor M.Gira, Boevange / Attert Bascharage, Municipality of Clervaux, Erpeldange, Neuhausen, Schuttrange, Junglinster, Ettelbrück, Waldbillig, Mersch, Steinfort, Diekirch, Longeville lès Saint Avold), General Council of Moselle, Lorraine Regional Council
- Institutions: European Investment Bank, Water Agency Rhine-Meuse ,Water Agency Adour-Garonne
- Fundraising: Selling fair trade businesses and markets, Diddeleng Hellëft, International Bazaar, charity concerts (Conservatoire du Nord) and Fingertips
PADEM is a non-profit organization specified as NGO and approved by the Ministry of Luxembourg. PADEM is a recognized association of general interest by the French Ministry of Economy and Finance. The accounts are fully audited every year by PriceWaterHouseCoopers to ensure TOTAL TRANSPARENCY; audited accounts are available on request.
PADEMs Board of Directors consists of:
- Managing Director and Founder : Magali Getrey
- Administrator : Christina Schürr
- Administrator : Christophe Héland
- Administrator : Pascal Hus
- Honorary Member : Camille Gira
- Administrator : Danijela Marjanovic